We know from experience, there's only so many times you can tell them to "do a hundred jumping jacks!" before they start to get suspicious, noncompliant, and realize they can't count that high.
We've divided the recommended toys and activities into four groups. Pick one from each, or go all in on a single category for a great summer.
- bubbles - buy from your store or try making your own (especially if your kids spill often)
- sidewalk chalk- most recommended brand, make your own, endless games and activities
- balls- any ball, any size (for kicking, throwing, bouncing, etc)
- popsicle mold- try one of these fun molds, endless recipes to try (or let your kids mix and create their own!)
- blanket- for picnics, forts, outdoor reading
- water/sand table
- bubble machine- is there anything more magical?
- water beads- these are SO cool, lots of unique ideas for play
- water balloons- consider this DIY yarn variety
- sprinkler- but take it up a notch, or ten
- bonzai jr duck splash pad
- The Nugget- for ENDLESS fort building, imaginary play, and indoor gymnastics
- Picasso Tiles- nearly 20k Amazon reviews don't lie
- arts and crafts (see our summer activity board, or crafts and activities board on Pinterest)
- Infento- build your own infinite creations
- Hideaway Hangout Nook
- Slackers Ninja Line- create and customize your own ninja experience